My name is Clemma and I am writing about my experience with the Dexcom Seven continuous glucose monitoring system. I live in Minneapolis with my young son and my not so young husband. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 11 years ago, when I was almost 21 years old. I started pumping 7 years ago, first with a Minimed 508, then an Animas IR1200, and now with the OmniPod. Friday, June 29 I hooked up to my newest constant companion, the one and only Comrade Dex...

Friday, October 19, 2007

Houseguests and broken cables

Obviously I took some time off from posting here. We had unexpected houseguests - my sister's friend and her 18 month-old son. They stayed with us for 4 1/2 weeks of my life that I will never get back. Personal computing time was non-existent. I have to say, I used to think my child was loud, but after a month with Evil Houseguest Child, I know realize that Adrian's noise level is like a gentle lilting breeze. Lest I sound unduly harsh, let me add that Evil Houseguest Child bites people. His favorite victim is my 2 year-old son. Luckily the houseguests are gone now, Adrian's welts are fading to bruises, and I am starting to feel like my old self again.

I also took a Dexcom break. I had a couple bad sensors, and then my calibration cable broke. After they replaced the sensors and the cable I just didn't get around to starting again. I put in a new sensor at work this morning and realized I forgot the transmitter at home, but I'll be initializing it tonight. I was surprised to have two bad sensors in a row. I think my next post should be about when sensors fail. The Dexcom manual kind of glosses over that, if I remember correctly.

1 comment:

Bernard said...

Hey Clemma

Welcome back online. Sorry to hear about your houseguest woes.

Wow you broke the cable. Were you trying to tie up a certain child with it? ;-)