My name is Clemma and I am writing about my experience with the Dexcom Seven continuous glucose monitoring system. I live in Minneapolis with my young son and my not so young husband. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 11 years ago, when I was almost 21 years old. I started pumping 7 years ago, first with a Minimed 508, then an Animas IR1200, and now with the OmniPod. Friday, June 29 I hooked up to my newest constant companion, the one and only Comrade Dex...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back and damp in Minneapolis

A few people have written to remind me that I haven't posted for a month. Sorry about that. We were couch hopping in Seattle and it got too hard to keep up with personal computer-ing, so I gave up. We're back in Minneapolis and it has rained for a week, a week in which we also had no power due to a windstorm that took out our power lines the day before we came home. Everything is turned on now, the dehumidifier is running, and my computer is plugged in. Now I just need the housecleaning elves to show up while I'm asleep.

I have been using the Dexcom for almost two months now, and I feel like I'm just getting the hang of it. For those of you who are considering a CGMS, the learning curve can be long! This can be frustrating, especially when you're in the middle of making mistakes and trying to figure out why it's not working perfectly.

I have lots of notes from the past month for posting topics, so check back soon. Please email me or leave a comment if there is anything you want to know that I haven't covered. For now, I'll put up the latest chart showing total days that each of my six sensors has lasted. I am now on sensor 7. Note that for the 2 and 4 day sensors, especially, my inexperience might have had just a wee bit to do with their short and very expensive lives.

No comments: