My name is Clemma and I am writing about my experience with the Dexcom Seven continuous glucose monitoring system. I live in Minneapolis with my young son and my not so young husband. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 11 years ago, when I was almost 21 years old. I started pumping 7 years ago, first with a Minimed 508, then an Animas IR1200, and now with the OmniPod. Friday, June 29 I hooked up to my newest constant companion, the one and only Comrade Dex...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Out of town for the weekend

I hoped to write another post today, but time is running out before I fly to Salt Lake City for the obligatory Labor Day weekend wedding. Here are some topics I'm planning:

* Exercise
* Accuracy - pictures of good accuracy, bad accuracy, and what it looks like after a corrective calibration
* Wearing the receiver, wearing tighter clothes over the transmitter
* Learning curve - little things new users have to figure out for themselves
* More wish-list items
* How to know when the sensor has failed

Any requests?

No comments: