My name is Clemma and I am writing about my experience with the Dexcom Seven continuous glucose monitoring system. I live in Minneapolis with my young son and my not so young husband. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 11 years ago, when I was almost 21 years old. I started pumping 7 years ago, first with a Minimed 508, then an Animas IR1200, and now with the OmniPod. Friday, June 29 I hooked up to my newest constant companion, the one and only Comrade Dex...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dexcom Seven Software: Exporting Data

Apparently the really exciting thing the Seven software provides is the ability to export data for your own manipulative enjoyment. I find it hard to believe they didn't make this possible with the three-day system, but at least they got it right for the Seven.

Exporting the data is easy. From the main Dexcom Software menu, select Tools --> Export Sensor / Meter Data:















You can export all readings, or choose a subset. You can select sensor or meter readings (you have to export them separately and merge if you want them in the same file). You can choose an XML file, or tab-delimited TXT file. Defaults are all readings from the sensor in an XML file. Here is the dialog box for exporting data:





















Here is an excerpt of the XML file containing my sensor readings:












Here is an excerpt of the TXT file containing my meter readings:












These files require some sophistication to manipulate, but it's easy to import them into Excel or another software program once you get the hang of it.

1 comment:

Andy Rozman said...

Hi !
Would it be possible to get this export files (both) with some data?

I am developer and I am working on application called GGC - GNU Gluco Control... In near future we plan to support also CGMSes and using export from original application is one way to go. We are working on adding realtime reading of devices, but for now we also support file import for some devices... If you could perhaps contact me that would be great...

Application is on sourceforge:
http://ggc.sourceforge.net/

Take care,
Andy